Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Una giornata a Milano...

Spontaneous, spur of the moment, and last minute; these are all things that do not describe me nor work well with me. I learned that yesterday! BUT, despite things not working out to my "last minute planning," by being open minded I was able to experience other things that could not have been planned or scheduled.

We started class with a new teacher, Irene, who's energy and enthusiasm reminds me of watching Cecilia Bartoli sing live. We also learned that one of our classmates, a young Brazillian guy, well, his version of paradise is ragazze!! (Young women!) That was just one of the many amusing and sometimes awkward subjects covered yesterday, but all of which were enjoyable, and I definitely learned so much in one class! I didn't know what to expect with a new teacher, but I think I like her and will continue to like her for the next two weeks of class.

I attempted to go downtown to find a practice room, but to no avail. (You know you're in Italy when all the pianos are being used and you hear opera in each room!) So I began walking back, planning on stopping at Porta Genova (a metro station that takes you to the part of town that looks like mini-Venice!). I'm walking my normal route back, and I spot a chandelier (ahh yes, my chandelier addiction is one for the books). I think "oooh! This is definitely picture worthy!" I pull out my camera and...internal memory full....I had left my memory card in the computer back at the apartment....really??? So much for walking around to take pictures.... However, on my walk back, I discovered another metro stop, saving me some walking! So I went down there, and had a few minutes to wait and was able to sit down. While sitting down, three people walked by me; one man was singing opera (or at least classically)!! I had to smile, and may have even chuckled. Then he gave me a greeting in Italian, and I laughed again. I suddenly appreciated the timing of my day, and realized that it worked out just right, even if it wasn't what I had originally planned.

All of this can happen on a day in Milan, if you just let it happen to you.
Ciao ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment